I’ve been asked lately about my nails and what products I use, and I want to share my secrets for a salon-worthy manicure you can do at home and have dry in under an hour!
I love doing my own fingernails – I find it therapeutic – and after a lot of trial and error I’ve found the perfect combo of polishes that lasts me well over a week. This manicure lasts me over a week and I am super clumsy, type all day long, clean a lot and am just generally not careful with my nails.
You will need:
-Cuticle remover (I use Sally Hansen’s Cuticle Eraser & Balm to clean up my nails and moisturize before painting)
-Essie First Base base coat
-Essie Good-to-Go top coat (this stuff is a godsend)
-Revlon Nail Enamel in the colour of your choice
- File and shape your nails, and use cuticle remover to clean up your nails for painting.
- Swipe nail polish remover over clean, bare nails to remove any additional oils (helps paint adhere to your nail).
- Apply Essie First Base to your nails and let dry fully (usually about five minutes). I usually do an extra little layer right at the tip of my nails for added strength, but don’t make it too thick at the tip as the paint just ends up peeling and chipping more easily.
- Use your Revlon polish of choice! This colour took two thin coats. Let dry for five minutes or longer if you have time.
- Apply Essie Good-to-Go top coat to your nails. This stuff is a total miracle for drying your nails quickly, and to make sure it stays nice and shiny I sit very still and let it dry for ten minutes.
That’s it, that’s all! It’s super easy, fast and doesn’t require any expensive products or weird lamps.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!